A network of young leaders equipped to drive change for the public good across South Africa.
The Activate! programme supports young leaders to hone their abilities and to step up to tackle some of toughest problems facing their communities around the country.
By inspiring action, Activators! are catalysts for positive change and aspire to:
- Spark public innovation
- Drive innovation at local and national levels
- Connect with each other to achieve more through their combined efforts
- Grow a dynamic network of leaders and points of influence across communities around South Africa
- Develop a deep sense of community and a strong desire to solve social problems
- Build teams with complementary skills to tackle big scary challenges
- Take action and make things happen
The Activate! programme is combination of intensive residential training, ongoing action-based learning, and commitment to full participation in a national network of young leaders.
The Activate! Programme has been broken into three modules. The first two of these are 9 days, with the third module taking place over 7 days. Towards the end of the year all participants from across the country will come together at a National Innovation Summit to showcase their big ideas, and concrete actions. Overall, the programme covers 27 residential days, with additional home tasks.